I know it’s February but it’s never to late to reflect and put a plan in place. I write down my goals annually and keep them close at hand in my purse. This year, I decided to post them on my blog to not only have them recorded in another place but to also hold myself even that much more accountable because they are out here for the world to see. You can also call them my New Years Resolutions. I’m not exactly sure why so many people have a problem with calling them that. Maybe the word scares them or maybe the word is too generic and doesn’t seem to hold any weight. For whatever reason, it is always good to have goals in life.
Instead of having a long list of items, I prefer to break mine up into smaller segments, personal, spiritual, financial and business and keep them in something formatted for clear thinking. Below is a picture of how I capture my business goals for my company, Something Blue Weddings. I utilize the SMART Goal process. I am the mother of two teenagers, I host this blog, run two businesses (wedding planning and stationery design) and have a full-time day job. I have a lot going on so it is nice to just sit down and think of my priorities for the coming year. I did really well with my personal goals in 2014, if I do say so myself, so I’m moving into 2015 with nothing but optimism.
For 2015, I chose to simply break them into two segments, Personal and Business.
- Family trip
- Spend even more quality time with my children
- Start back doing Yoga, meditating and exercising
- Start a two way journal recommended by a friend, Jennifer Tyler
- Read at least 25 books
- Attend church more
- Get even more organized
- Open a Roth IRA
- Complete all home renovation and design projects
- Be featured in at least one periodical and blog
- Plan, Coordinate and Design at least 6 weddings and events
- Plan and execute a styled shoot
- Complete design and find a printer for production of planners and organizational products
- Start adding videos at least monthly to YouTube channel
At the end of the year, I will review this post and let you know how I have done. 🙂
What are your Goals or Resolutions for 2015?
Live and love in positivity,
All pictures are my own